The World Summit Awards (WSAs), a unique awards system that selects and promotes local innovative digital solutions which have high impact on improving society has placed an open call for young social entrepreneurs involved in developing outstanding digital innovation to apply for the 2018 WSA Young Innovators.
This category of the World Summit Awards is a special recognition for youthful social entrepreneurs under 30 years of age, using ICTs to take action on the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs). Together with the WSA winners of each year, the young innovators are honored for using outstanding digital solutions to make social impact.
Participation is open to any entrepreneur, company, student group or project team – at least one of the founding members and the majority of the team must be under the age of 30 (born on or after January 1, 1988).
With a combination of an ongoing series of international events and activities with a global network of start-ups, social entrepreneurs, mentors, jurors, speakers, experts, government leaders, academia and civil society, the World Summit Awards is an international platform for cut edge examples on how ICTs can have an impact on society and in the 15 years that it has been running, WSA has become a quality seal for digital content with societal impact in over 180 participating countries.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
By recognizing local digital content with an impact on society and reporting back national digital developments to the UN WSIS process, it supports and contributes to the realization of the UN Sustainable Development Goals Agenda.
Being a non-monetary award system with a focus on sustainable knowledge transfer through a worldwide network, the winning young innovators benefit not from a one-time financial reward, but a lifelong partnership and integration.
Some of the benefits are:
· Invitation to the World Summit Awards Global Congress including:
- Pitching seminars
- 5 minute pitch session in front of an international audience during the Congress
- A program of especially crafted workshops for the winners
- Invitation to the prestigious award ceremony and Gala night
- Board and lodging for the durance of the Congress
- Eye to eye exchange with speakers, jurors and international guests
- Integration into a network of internationally recognized digital content developers
- Access to the WSA community of global experts and industry leaders in over 180 countries.
- Interaction with world-renowned sponsors and partners of the WSA community.The World Summit Awards are conducted by ICNM, an Austrian not-for-profit organization based in Salzburg and Vienna, Austria.
Founded by Prof. Peter A. Bruck in 2002, ICNM organizes national, regional and global competitions to demonstrate the richness and diversity of digital media with societal impact.
Apply here and you could get yourself a wonderful experience and opportunity.
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.