Here is the University of Ghana Online Registration Guide for the 2021/2022 Academic Year.
This seeks to give you information and steps on How to successfully carry out the online registration for Freshmen and Continuing Students.
Steps for Online Academic & Residential Registration – Freshmen Only
IMPORTANT POINTS TO NOTE:
- You must pay the required minimum fee before you can register. The required minimum for the 2020/2021 academic year is 50% of the academic fee, details of which can be found in the Schedule of Fees.
- You will need your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN for Online Registration. If you do not have them, please refer to your provisional admission letter.
Once the above requirements have been met, follow the steps below to register for the academic programme offered. Note that you will be required to undertake your actual course registration after Orientation (Look out for dates and venue for Freshmen Orientation).
- Online registration is through the MIS Web. Click here to access the MIS Web.
- Then click on “Registration” under the Student iEnabler (on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Registration”.
- Then click on the “blue letters” under “Qualification Code” and select “Register for This Qualification”
- Click on “Save and Continue” and (for undergraduate freshmen) register for GCCR101-General Course Confirming Registration by clicking on the small box close to GCCR101.
- Click on “Save and Continue” to view the course you have selected.
- Then click on “Continue” to view the Registration Cost (Academic Facility User Fee).
- Click on “Accept Registration” to complete registration.
- Click on “Printer Friendly Format” and print proof of registration.
- Click on LOG-OUT to EXIT the system.
Further Information on On-campus Accommodation – Freshmen
As stated in your provisional admission letter, the University of Ghana has a number of residential facilities with limited spaces available for freshmen via a competitive online application/allocation process. Below is the list of facilities and their corresponding fees:
Students who would like to apply for on-campus accommodation must meet the following eligibility criteria:
1. Pay at least 50 % of the appropriate academic fee, and
2. Register online for the academic programme offered latest by close of business on Tuesday, 5th January 2021.
The online portal for residential application/allocation will be activated on Wednesday, 6th January 2021.
The following steps will only be applicable on 6th January 2021 when the online portal for bed selection/allocation will be activated.
2. Type in your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN; then click on “Login” to enter the residential application system.
3. Select a Hall of choice and a room of your choice.
4. If the successful, print out your Room Allocation Letter and follow the instructions provided.
5. If unsuccessful, you can still complete your academic registration as a non-resident student after Orientation.
GRADUATE STUDENTS’ RESIDENTIAL APPLICATION
All newly admitted graduate students are to note that the online residential application portal will be opened for them on Monday, 11th January 2021.
Graduate students are, therefore, exempt from the online residential application exercise scheduled for 6th January 2021. This is exclusively for fresh undergraduate students.
Steps for Residential Registration Online – Resident Freshmen Only
NOTE THAT THIS CAN ONLY BE DONE IF:
A. You have registered for your academic programme.
B. You have applied for and secured accommodation on campus.
C. You have paid the requisite residential fees per modular session in full
(within 48 hours after bed allocation).
D. You are still within the 24-hour window given for registration after the deadline for payment of residential fees.
Online residential registration is done through the MIS Web.
The procedure is as follows:
- Click on “Residence Registration” under the Student iEnabler (on the left side of the screen).
- Click on “Submit Residence Registration”.
- Then click on the year (in blue).
- There will be a display confirming the Hall and Room number.
- Click on “I Accept” to confirm.
- Print the Proof of Residential Registration and keep it for your records.
During the reporting period for Freshmen, indicated in your provisional admission letter, report to the Hall with your receipt of payment and enough copies of your passport photo and proofs of academic and residential registration for further assistance.
The above talks about the University of Ghana Online Registration Guide for the 2021/2022 Academic Year for Fresh Students. It entails the steps for Academic and Residential Registration. I believe this article was informative. Kindly Share this to inform others.
To add to this article or start a conversation, join our forum to share your opinions with other readers. For stories of this sort and more, do well to log on to www.jbklutse.com or visit us on Facebook.