Without wasting much time, let’s get you started.
How to transfer data to your iPhone
For this method to work make sure your Wi-Fi network is working and your old phone is connected to the internet.
1. On your old iPhone, open the Settings app and tap on the Apple ID banner.
2. Tap on iCloud.
3. Scroll to the middle. Find and tap on iCloud Backup.
4. Depending on the model you’re using you’ll either tap Back Up Now or swipe the toggle button beside it.
5. Hit OK and let the backup process start.
6. When the backup is done turn the old iPhone off.
7. Take out the SIM card from your old iPhone if you’re going to use it to your new one.
Wait for the backup to complete before proceeding.
Now that the backup process is done you can start preparing the old iPhone to sell on eBay or gift it to someone. Make sure you wipe its data clean before selling it!
We are about to transfer the data we put on iCloud from the old iPhone to the new one. Follow carefully.
1. Put the old SIM card into the new iPhone (if that’s what you’re going to use).
2. Then switch on the new iPhone.
3. Follow the directions to choose your language and set up your Wi-Fi network. Make sure you connect it to the internet after setting up the Wi-Fi network.
4. Tap Restore from iCloud backup.
5. Sign in to your iCloud account using your previous Apple ID credentials.
6. Tap Next and Agree.
7. Tap Agree
8. Now select the backup you just made.
If your data was huge, it’ll definitely take a while to finish. Patience is needed! Keep the Wi-Fi on until all re-downloads are complete.