In Ghana, one of our main source of funds for development comes from taxes paid. In the country, the agency tasked for doing that is the Custom Excise and Preventive Service (CEPS).
So for the country and its efforts it puts in to ensure that all citizens pay their taxes, the CEPS official cannot be overlooked.
Aside that, they also ensure that goods are not smuggled into the country. This ensures that illegal substances and goods do not circulate within the country. Hence, aside taxes, they ensure safety through the performance of their duties.
Put all these aside and you will realize that like all other public agencies, they also provide employment. So if you are a graduate and you want to serve the country, working for CEPS is something you may want to consider.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
Here is all you should know about the recruitment process and how to get yourself in there.
Cost for applying
GH 50.00 cedis
Should not take more than a day to complete the process
- The application form
- Internet service to access the online application form
Candidates are to satisfy the following requirements when applying for CEPS
- Must be a Ghanaian citizen by birth
- Must not hold any criminal record
- Holds a minimum of a SSSCE/WASSCE with a minimum of 4 credits including English language and mathematics
- Minimum age of 18 years and maximum age of 25 years
- Physically and mentally fit per military standards
- A minimum height of 1.63 meters( 5ft4inch) for females and 1.73 meters( 5ft8inch) for males
Steps to apply for CEPS
- Purchase the application form from any GCB branch
- Apply online. Information needed are your basic info (Name, age, height etc.) and other additional certificates eg. WASSCE/SSSCE
- Wait to be contacted for further instructions once you are shortlisted
NOTE: Visit the Ghana Revenue Authority (GRA) Career Portal at: http://www.gra.gov.gh. To verify if they are recruiting or if there’s a vacancy.
*Candidates who meet the requirements are shortlisted and informed at a later date of further arrangements