Facebook currently is becoming annoying according to some people. Those who advertise on the app are crying. Users are also complaining that other users share way too much negativity. And the network is no more “cool” like it used to be back in 2008. Tired of all these you might want a way to delete Facebook without losing your photos.
If you are one of them, you might want to just delete the account for good. You may have been to places, taken lots of photos with friends which you do not want to lose.
Thankfully, there is better way to get all your photos (and friends) before you delete your Facebook account.
Well, before you delete the account, follow the instructions below to save your photos and friends list.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
Save your photos first
- Log into your Facebook account. Ignore any of the disturbing content.
- Go directly to the Settings.
- In the left column click on “Your Facebook Information”.
- Click on “Download your information”
- Now you’ve got a whole lot of options as to what you want to download
- You also check the format in which you will get your file.
Everything on the lists is selected already – your comments, messages, photos and videos, friends, etc. So now, you deselect the ones you do not want to download. Make sure you check mark “Photos and Videos”, and probably “Messages”.
For the format, you will two options to choose from: HTML and JSON. For the purpose of this article I suggest you choose JSON.
Then, you hit on Create File. This will generate a compressed .zip file with all the data you trying to download. It will take about an hour for your file to be ready for download.
After downloading it, the next thing is you would want to back it up. If you have an external drive you keep a copy on it. You can also keep a copy on in cloud storage, if you’ve signed up for any.
We extract the .zip file. There you go, all your photos. I recommend you back up your extracted photos as well to a service like Google Photos.
Now, you got what you wanted, so you can proceed to delete Facebook.
- Go back the Settings
- Click Your Facebook Information in the left column
- Click Delete Your Account and Information, then click Delete My Account
- Enter your password, click Continue and then click Delete Account.
You are now free from Facebook but you didn’t lose what you didn’t want to.