Perhaps you inadvertently deleted a whole chat and you badly want to retrieve it back. It happens to all of us. You can do the recovery of the chat but it is not that easy as hitting a button and everything coming back. But it is still not impossible. It involves uninstalling and re-installing your WhatsApp. With the help of WhatsApp Chat backup you can recover the chat you accidentally deleted.
WhatsApp backs up your chats every night at around 2 AM by default settings. You can change this settings to perform the backup weekly or even monthly.
This is really imperative to know since you are going to do a recovery of a whole chat. Since the backup takes place at 2 AM, you should be mindful that after that time your mistakenly deleted chat is gone forever.
Follow the steps below to restore your deleted WhatsApp chats
- First thing is to uninstall your WhatsApp.
- (NOTE: You wouldn’t need to back it up before uninstalling it. If you back it up before you uninstall it, you won’t be able to retrieve the original deleted chat for which reason you started this in the first place. Also note that uninstalling without backup to will delete recent text threads that happened after the last backup. I told it’s a dicey situation. So you would have to choose which you want to salvage. If you haven’t had any important texts after the last backup, then you’re good to go.)
- Install WhatsApp again from Google Play Store if you are using an Android device. Get it on App Store if you’re on iOS.
- From here pay close attention here: Agree to Terms and Conditions.
- Next step you key in your mobile number along with the country code.
- Now, an option to restore chats from backup will appear on the screen.
- Click on the restore option and your WhatsApp chats will be restored.
Now you should be able to restore the chat you accidentally deleted.