Heading back to school after a lengthy break in these moments can be very challenging for children. Not to worry, though, because there are several ways to prepare the young ones for this new reality. See the simple ways to go about it.
1. Know their fears: Begin by asking yourself if their concern about schools reopening is precisely how you feel. The truth is that most kids will feel scared to go back to school, and as parents, you might equally have your reservations. It is up to you to reassure them by letting them know that nothing has to change. Give your kids positive messages despite the current reality and build up their excitement for resumption.
2. Empower them to accept the new normal: It is best to have an open discussion with them just like when you spoke to them about handwashing and social distancing. Let them know that the changes might be difficult and tough to abide by, but it is for their safety and those close to them.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
3. Be united with the school: Parents have to collaborate with teachers and trust that their kids are safe in their hands during the pandemic.
4. Positive reinforcement is the way, not punishment: The safety measures will be tough to stick to, so whenever your kids go astray do not punish them. Instead, sit them down and let them know how they can prevent such trespasses from repeating itself.
5. Concentrate on the benefits of school: I know you might want to shun the idea of them being in school physically during these times, but that is wrong; unless your option is homeschooling or online learning. Education is not just essential for them; the school also gives significant psychological development to our kids as they prepare for adulthood.