Joint Admissions and Matriculations Board (JAMB) 2021 is around the corner, and the examination body has announced that students who wish to register will need their National Identity Number (NIN) from the National Identity Management Commission (NIMC).
JAMB is a Nigerian entrance examination board for tertiary-level institutions. The board conducts entrance Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) for prospective undergraduates into Nigerian universities.
The National Identification Number (NIN) is a set of numbers assigned to an individual upon successful enrolment. Enrolment consists of the recording of an individual’s demographic data and capture of the ten (10) fingerprints, head-to-shoulder facial picture and digital signature. These are used to cross-check existing data in the National Identity Database to confirm that there is no previous entry of the same data.
It is now a compulsory requirement for your Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) exam, a computer-based standardised examination for prospective undergraduates in Nigeria. Therefore, without your 11 digits NIN, you will not be able to sit for your exam.
Let’s help by showing you how to get your NIN for JAMB 2021 registration.
- Driver’s License
- Voter’s card (Temporary or Permanent)
- Nigerian International passport
- Certificate of Local Government of Origin
- Attestation letter from a prominent ruler in your community
- Birth certificate
- Declaration of age
- Attestation letter from religious/traditional leader
- NHIS ID card
- Government staff ID card
- Registered/recognised private organisation staff ID card
- School ID Card (private/public)
- Tax Clearance certificate
- Valid immigration documents.
How To Register NIN For Your UTME 2021 At the Bank?
- Visit any UBA or Zenith Bank branch.
- Tell them you wish to enrol NIN for JAMB 2021.
- You’ll be given a form to fill your details.
- Enter your country, state, local government, and town.
- There is a field in the form to enter your National Identification Number, ignore it.
- Open an account with the bank if they insist.
- Submit the form.
- Ask when you can come back for your NIN Slip.
That is it.