The “old but gold” maxim is still true. The reincarnated Mortal Kombat 11 has set a new and rare record for itself. According to the gaming analysts at the NPD Group, Mortal Kombat 11 came on top of a list of the best-selling video games of April 2019.
The published list was based on data collected between April 7 and May 4. They used both digital and physical sales figures from more than a dozen different publishers in the US.
The game led sales across all platforms, followed by two exclusives from PlayStation 4: “Days Gone” and “MLB 19: The Show”.
The list of best-selling games and gaming hardware was shared on Twitter by gaming analyst Mat Piscatella.
Mortal Kombat 11 is the first game to top the sales charts on all three major consoles (i.e. Sony’s PlayStation 4, Microsoft’s Xbox One, and Nintendo’s Switch) in more than 10 years.
The last game to set that record was “Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock” in October 2007. Eventually, “Guitar Hero III” became the best-selling game of the year.
Another record Mortal Kombat 11 has set is, it is the first Mature-rated game to top Nintendo’s sales chart since “Bayonetta 2” was released. Bayonetta 2 was released on the Wii U in 2014.
Now let’s see the video games that were able to make the list of best-seller games in April.
The 10 best-selling games in April
1. Mortal Kombat 11 (by Warner Bros. Interactive)
2. Days Gone (from Sony)
3. MLB 19: The Show (from Sony)
4. Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 (by Ubisoft)
5. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (by Nintendo)
6. Grand Theft Auto V (by Take 2 Interactive)
7. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (by Activision Blizzard)
8. Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 (by Activision Blizzard)
9. NBA 2K19 (from Take 2 Interactive)
10. Yoshi’s Crafted World (from Nintendo)