Portable Document Format is one of the most use file formats. Why? Just as in its name, Portable, the PDF format has become so popular because of its cross platform nature. Most online books and document are in PDF format. And business entities prefer their documents in PDF format because the way they are formatted remains the same no matter which device you view it on.
With many people and businesses utilising this file format, it is really possible that all the ebooks and documents that may come your way are PDFs. Luckily, there are tons of PDF readers for your iPhone or iPad. The only problem here is from the vast range of PDF readers on App Store, which is the best for your iPhone or iPad?
The many different PDF readers come with their own different features which makes picking one an extreme sports. We have made it easy for you to choose one.
Along with their significant features, we have listed some of the best PDF reader apps for iPhones and iPads.
You can check out these popular free games for you iPhone after you PDF business.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
10 best PDF reader apps for iPhone and iPad
The makers of this reader here designed to enhance your reading productivity with its remarkable features. PDFelement lets you sync, annotate, edit, and sign your PDF files among other features. It can open your PDF files from cloud services like Dropbox, Google Drive, iCloud Drive, Microsoft’s OneDrive, etc.
Features of PDFelement
- In-built scanner, allows you to convert any document to PDF
- Font recognition feature: It lets you edit PDFs without messing up.
- For editing and annotations, you can add text, stamps, freehand drawing, highlight and underline text, etc.
- PDFelement allows you to sync your PDF files across different OS platforms – Android, iOS, MacOS & Windows.
- You can convert PDFs into different formats like Excel, Word, PowerPoint and HTML.
If you have a Wondershare ID, you can use it to log in for premium functionalities at no cost.
Adobe Acrobat Reader
This is one of the most popularly used PDF readers on all platforms. Adobe Acrobat Reader allows you to read and annotate PDFs documents and books. Its desktop app is powerful and carries the functionalities of an advanced reader.
Features of Adobe Acrobat Reader
- With drawing tools and sticky notes, you can annotate and highlight the text in the PDF files.
- You can open files from cloud services too (including Adobe Document Cloud and Dropbox).
- In-built scanner to convert anything into a PDF file. For example, you can take a photo of receipts, forms, etc. and convert them to PDFs.
- Single page or continuous page scrolling options available.
Documents by Readdle
Documents by Readdle is another great PDF reader for iPhones. It combines a PDF reader and the utility of a completely developed file manager.
Because iPhones running on iOS 10 and earlier didn’t have a file manager, Readdle’s file manager feature was really useful.
You can import pdf files from the cloud, computer or download it from the web and save them to read later.
Features of Documents by Readdle
- In-built file manager
- Annotate pdf files with handy tools.
- Wi-Fi transfer feature allows you to share files from iPhone or iPad to Mac or Windows computer and vice versa.
- In-built browser: Helps to look up meanings of difficult words when reading.
Readdle’s PDF reader has a simple interface and power feature making it fun to use on iPads or iPhones.
Google Play Books
Google Play Books’ version for iPhones is as good as the Android variant. It doesn’t read file in PDF formats but reads EPUB file as well. You upload these files onto the library and sync them across multiple OS platforms.
Features of Google Play Books
- In-built dictionary and maps.
- Cross-platform syncing ability is perfect.
- Night mode settings changes brightness automatically.
- Notes taken are synced with Google Drive, thus, you can access them anytime from any device.
- Support for audiobooks.
Foxit PDF Reader
This PDF reader is the direct competition for Adobe Acrobat Reader on iPhones. Foxit PDF reader has all the basic functionalities of a PDF reader and more. It has the split view, slide over and document scanning features.
Features of Foxit PDF Reader
- Supports passwords can be set to encrypt documents.
- You can add comments and highlight text
- Different viewing options. That is, single page scrolling, continuous scrolling and thumbnail view.
- Capability for users to stamp and sign a PDF document.
- Supports ConnectedPDF, a PDF documentation management technique.
- Document texts can be read out loud with the ‘Speak’ feature.
Foxit PDF reader for iPhone is more business-oriented so if you receive and work with your business documents on your phone, then you’re lucky.
Some of these apps listed here do not only let you read but edit the PDF files as well. With this, we are sure you will be able to choose the best PDF reader that you want to use on your iPhone or iPad.