If you want to skyrocket your Instagram business, then you’ve come to the right place. In this post, you’ll learn about the advanced rules that pro business owners use to dominate the Instagram market.
Table of Contents
Use hashtags wisely
Hashtags are a great way to improve your brand’s visibility to a large number of people. You can use up to 30 hashtags on an Instagram post. But actually, you probably don’t want to write all 30.
We recommend using five to nine hashtags per post. Anything beyond that can look like a spam tactic that scares away subscribers. It’s even worse if you use irrelevant or repetitive hashtags. As a result, users will not be able to find your content by this hashtag.
To get the most benefit, use hashtags that:
- Suitable for your niche
Under no circumstances use tags like: “Like-for-like” or “Subscribe-for-subscription”, etc.
Don’t neglect Instagram Stories
Most of the companies promoting their products and services on Instagram use stories. And they get great results: a third of the most popular stories are published by companies. Stories are a key part of a good marketing strategy.
Instagram stories disappear from the feed after 24 hours. Instagram users are used to stories that are closest to real life. Accordingly, Stories provide you with a great opportunity to build friendships with your target audience.
Post at the right time
Did you know that the best time to post on Instagram depends on your industry? Yes it is.
Below are the best times to post in popular industries:
- Travel and Tourism : Friday, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm.
- Media and entertainment : Tuesday and Thursday from 12:00 to 15:00.
- Retail : Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, 12:00.
- Food and Drink : Friday 12:00.
- Professional services : Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday 09:00 or 10:00 am.
- Pharmaceuticals and Healthcare : Wednesday and Sunday 09:00 am.
- Personal hygiene : Thursday and Friday, 13:00, 14:00 or 15:00 noon.
- Technology : Monday and Tuesday, 14:00.
- Education : Thursday, 16:00 or 17:00 hours.
Expand your audience with Instagram ads
The most reliable way to introduce your content to a new audience is by running Instagram ads. Two million businesses are already using Instagram ads. This trend will only grow as, for example, already 96% of marketers of large US companies use Instagram ads to promote social accounts.
You can now use this information to target your ads for the following:
- Location : region, city, country, etc.
- Demographics : age, gender and language.
- Interests : For example, you can target the followers of other accounts.
- Behaviors : both on and off Instagram.
You can also upload custom audiences that you already have information about and use them to create similar audiences.