Upgrading from an old phone to a new one is always exciting till you think of how to transfer the data on the old one, especially, if it is an iPhone. This can be an almost impossible task if you do not know that there are processes for it.
We have this guide, which will show you the best ways to transfer data from your old iPhone to a new one.
The fortunate thing is, these processes cost absolutely nothing except for your patience.
This guide is giving you two simple ways to go about the task. The first method we’ll look at in this post is transferring data via iTunes (the desktop programme). The other method is via iCloud.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
How to transfer your data to your new iPhone
The very first thing to do is to be sure the iTunes version is up to date.
1. Connect your old iPhone into your Mac or Windows computer.
2. Now open your iTunes
3. Click your iPhone’s icon when it appears in the menu bar in the iTunes app.
4. The next is to hit Encrypt iPhone Backup, and add a password if it’s your first time encrypting a backup.
6. Click on Back Up Now.
7. You can skip Backup Apps since they’ll re-download.
8. Disconnect the old iPhone when the backup is done.
9. Then turn the old iPhone
10. Now remove your SIM card from the old iPhone.
11. Take your SIM card out of your old iPhone if you’re going to use the same SIM for the new phone.
12. The next step is patience. Wait for the backup to complete before you move with the subsequent steps.
13. Insert the SIM card into the new iPhone (i.e., if you’re using the same SIM you used in the old phone).
14. Switch the new iPhone on.
15. Connect the new iPhone the computer.
16. Set up your new iPhone locally (on the phone itself).
17. Choose the preferred language and set up your Wi-Fi network as well.
18. Select Restore from iTunes backup.
19. From the iTunes programme, select Restore from this backup.
20. Select the backup you recently did (i.e., the one you transfer to the new iPhone).
21. Click Continue.
22. Now enter your password and wait for iTunes to transfer the data to the new iPhone.
Do not disconnect the phone until the transfer is done. You must be connected to the internet for all re-downloads to take place. The process may take some time depending on the amount of data you’re transferring.
The second method as we talked about is the iCloud transfer.