There is a trick to get a free Windows 10 upgrade right from Microsoft, although, officially Microsoft says it ended free upgrade campaign in 2016. The company, however, left a loophole. This is not a forever thing as Microsoft may take it down soon. And if you ever consider upgrading, then the time is now.
Note that you must have an original copy of Windows 7 or Windows 8 to do this.
How to get the free Windows 10 upgrade
- Go to Microsoft’s site and download the Media Creation Tool.
- Install and launch the tool.
- Now choose: “Upgrade this PC now” then click “Next”
- Choose “Keep personal files and apps“
- Then hit “Install”. The tool will install the Windows 10 from the November 2019 update on your computer.
- After installation, go to Settings > Windows Update > Activation to activate your Windows 10 digital license.
Pretty easy, right? Why don’t you try it?