Video editing is a cool activity though it can be difficult if you’ve not totally acquainted yourself with the editor. What if you do not have the program with you at the time you want to edit some video? My best guess is an online video editing platform. Sure, you can edit videos via online platforms.
In this article, we are going to use Movie Maker Online to show you how to edit videos online. Movie Maker Online allows you upload large video clips, images and audio files, and edit them individually. It then organises them in a timeline-style interface.
There are also filter and fades available to produce good video. The platform also gives you royalty-free songs so your video can have a more professional feel.
It then exports the finished video in .MP4 format which you can share online and play on many devices. There are no watermarks on the finished video like how other editors do theirs.
Simple steps how to edit videos online using Movie Maker Online
1. Upload a video
- Go to Movie Maker Online.
- Click the button marked “Own videos photos music”.
- Check the terms and conditions, and click “Accept” if you’re happy to continue.
- Find the video file on your desktop and click ‘Open’ to upload it.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
2. Trim, crop and apply effects
- After you have uploaded the video, scroll down. You will find several thumbnails of the video in a column labelled “Main”.
- If you hover your mouse over this, a gear icon will appear. Click on it to open Movie Maker Online’s editing options.
- Scrub through your video by clicking and dragging on the red waveform on the right, and use the various controls underneath the preview window.
- Click the play button under the preview window to see the effects of the editing.
- Click the green “To main” button if everything is okay.
3. Add music
You can add music by uploading them just like you did the videos. It is good to know that Movie Maker Online already has a collection of royalty-free songs for you videos.
- Scroll down to the controls on the main editor page, and click ‘Free music’.
- You’ll see a list of themes and genres above the search box.
- Pick a theme or genre that fits your video.
- Now, scroll down to for an extensive list of tracks from the theme you picked.
- You can preview a track by click the play icon beside it.
- To add a track, just click the plus icon.
The music won’t replace your video’s audio, it will be overlaid on top. The track will be trimmed to match the video’s length.
4. Insert text
Now let’s try to add titles or captions to the video.
- There is a small text entry box to the right of the “Own videos photos music” and “Free music”
- Key is something click the plus icon
- Then scroll down to the timeline. It will be added under the heading “Text”.
- Hover the mouse over the text.
- Click the gear icon to edit the text’s position, font, size, colour, alignment, apply special effects and transitions.
5. Export finished video
We are done and it’s time to export it!
- Scroll down and click the wide green button labelled “Make video”. This will process your video. Long videos may take time finish the process.
Caution: Do not close the browser tab else the whole project will be lost.
- When it’s done click “Watch my movie” to see how it all look and feel like.
- You can now click the blue “Download” button to save it to your computer in MP4 format.
- You can also share it directly to YouTube, Vimeo or Facebook.
There you go, how to edit videos via online platforms. Note that you can add multiple video clips, audio files, images and text snippets using the same methods.
Only one thing deducts scores from Movie Maker Online is its interface. The inference is not all that intuitive. But that should not pull you from trying it out if you want a good video.
Sourced from Tech Radar.