Indians do not call Mango the “King of Fruits.” for nothing. We cannot blame them since this fruit is unbeatable when it comes to nutritional value. If you did not know, a cup of mangoes at 225 grams contains 105 calories, and 25% of those are vitamin A, 76% vitamin C, 9% copper, 7% potassium and 9% healthy probiotic fibre. See Health Benefits of Mango:
1. It battles cancer: Mango fruit contains properties like quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, and gallic acid, and they all safeguard your body against cancers like colon, breast, leukemia, and prostate.
2. It helps your eye: Mango is filled with vitamin A. And research has proven that 1 cup of sliced mangoes equals 25% intake of your daily need for vitamin A. And as you already know, vitamin A is great for good vision since it safeguards the surface of the eye (cornea).
3. It boosts your brain health: Research has proven that the large amount of vitamin B6 in Mango help to maintain and improve the activities of the brain. Therefore, it is best to add it to your diet.
4. It strengthens the immune system: Because of the large amount of vitamin C, vitamin A, and all types of carotenoids, Mango guarantees a strong immune system that is always prepared to battle sicknesses.
5. It is a skin cleanser: When you chop it into pieces and keep it on your face for fifteen minutes, it does wonder to your skin after rinsing with water. It helps to unclog your pores and safeguard your skin from acne and pimples.