Are you seeking for quick answers to common questions concerning your passport application in Ghana? This article highlights 10 frequently asked questions about the passport application process as compiled by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Regional Integration.
1. What are the payment channels for processing fees?
|1||Ecobank Ghana||VISA & MasterCard, MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash.|
|2||GCB Bank||Vodafone Cash.|
|4||Zenith Bank Ghana||MTN Mobile Money, Vodafone Cash, VISA & MasterCard.|
2. What is the difference between Standard and Expedited type of application?
ANS: The Standard category type of passport is regular which can take a month averagely before collection and the Expedited type is known as “express” as it takes less time for collection with a minimum of 15 days hence the price difference.
3. How can one contact them for guideline or help?
ANS: Reach them via their support lines: 030 273 8473, 030 700 8222.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
4. How can I locate a Passport Application Centre
ANS: Below are the approved PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRES
i Accra PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Kinbu Road (Old Foreign Affairs)
ii Kumasi PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Guggisberg Road, Opposite PWD, Adum, Ministries
iii Takoradi PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Ghana Immigration Head Quarters (Within the Regional Administration)
iv Sunyani PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE Adjacent to Jubilee (shares a wall with the Park)
v Ho PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Regional Administration (Shares building with Immigration)
vi Tamale PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Police Park (Old Library)
vii Ridge PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Ridge
viii Premium PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE – Accra at Accra Digital Center, Adjacent State Housing Company, Ring Road West, Accra
ix Tema PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at Former IRS Office, Community 4, Tema
x Koforidua PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE at PWD Office, SSNIT Office Area, Koforidua.
xi Premium PASSPORT APPLICATION CENTRE – Kumasi, 2nd Floor, Thankful Heights Building, Adum, Kumasi
5. Can applicants under 18 apply?
ANS: Yes, but they need their birth certificate and Parents/Guardians Identity Card.
6. What do I need to apply for in case my passport is missing?
ANS: You will need a Police Report, Affidavit, Proof of Identity and a Birth Certificate.
7. If my passport is damaged beyond recognition, can I apply for another one?
ANS: Yes, you can apply for another but you need your old damaged passport and an affidavit as well to apply.
8. In case of a divorce, marriage or any other factor that causes a change of name, can I apply for a passport?
ANS: Your Old passport can be changed, but you need an Affidavit, marriage certificate (if married) and divorce certificate (if divorced) to apply for a new one.
9. Can I renew my passport to the recent 10-year duration passports even if my old passport hasn’t expired?
ANS: Yes you can, it will go through the process of renewal, and one can start using the new passport once issued. Contact any Passport Application Centre for further information.
10. In case of travel whereby old passport info has been used in applications, how can I prove with my new passport I am the bearer of the former?
ANS: It is possible for your Old passport to be affixed to your new passport as proof that you processed a renewal. Visit any Passport Application Centre for further info.