Students who sat for this last year’s Basic Education Certificate Exams (BECE) a few months ago can now know which schools they were placed in. The BECE school placement can be checked via the new Computerised School Selection and Placement System (CSSPS) portal.
The CSSPS is the system the Ghana Education Service (GES) uses to give BECE takers senior high schools, vocational or technical schools based on the results they got from the exams.
The portal to check BECE school placement is now opened for the candidates and candidates would need the BECE placement checker cards to get to know their placed schools.
According to the Ghana Education Service, the BECE placement checker card can be used to check BECE school placement for a single candidate for an unlimited number of times. This is unlike previous years where the placement codes could only be used a few times.
The card can be bought at authorised shops and BECE school placement and results checkers in town. It costs around GHS 15.
The GES has also announced that the previous system where the candidates would text their index number to shortcode 1060 to check BECE school placement does not work anymore.
That method of checking BECE placement will be a waste of time now as the new CSSPS platform is the new sole method to check school placements.
To check your BECE school placement, you get your placement checker card ready and a good internet connection. The card is usually sold at internet cafes and it is selling for around 15 cedis. Note that the price may differ a little depending on your location.
If you have these available, you can proceed with the steps below to check BECE school placements.
Simple steps to check BECE school placements in Ghana online
- Make sure that the computer (or mobile device) you are using has good internet access.
- Now open your browser (preferably Google Chrome) and visit the CSSPS result checker online portal — cssps.gov.gh.
- On the homepage, choose “Check Placement” from the boxed options there.
- On the next page, you will be met with spaces for the BECE index number and the code on the placement checker card (eVoucher) you bought.
- Enter your BECE index number. It is usually just 10 digits.
- Then add the last two digits of the year of the exams to the index number. So if the index number is something like “1102006056”, and the year of exams is 2019, it becomes “110200605619”.
- Now enter the code on the BECE school placement card you bought. The code is the same as the 12-digit voucher number.
- Hit proceed and enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) which will also be found on the scratch card you purchased.
- After you are done, click submit. Be patient and wait for the results window to pop up.
- If the process was successful, you will see the CSSPS placement checker print form option appear.
- You can now click on Print to print it out.
How to Check BECE Placement Results via Mobile SMS
If the above method doesn’t work, simply dial *447*160# to get your placement on your phone. OR
To receive details of their school placement: BECE Candidates can TEXT their 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to shortcode 1060 to CONFIRM the schools they chose for this year’s placement exercise.
For instance, if your index number is 1234567890, text 1234567890 to short code 1060 on all networks.
NOTE: Do not add [SPACE] anywhere, just text the 10-DIGIT INDEX NUMBER to the 1060 shortcode.
If that does not work each candidate can text their index numbers to the shortcode 1060 followed by the last two (2) digits of the year of completion on the following networks MTN, Vodafone, Airtel, Tigo, and Kasapa.
That is your first text XXXXXXXXXXYY to 1060 where the ‘X‘ part represents your 10-Digit Index Number and the ‘Y‘ part represents the 2-Digit year of completion.
The process is not, however, completely fault-proof.
You might experience some problems when going through this process.
The most common problem is when you submit your details but the system seems not to recognize your details. So when messages like this pop up “Sorry the Index Number, Scratch Card Number/PIN Number does not exist. Please look carefully and retype.
Do not panic you will get the placement form eventually. Try again using the same scratch card. Do not be tempted to buy another scratch card because the fault is not on the scratch card.
Some of the reasons you might be experiencing challenges printing your admission forms include:
- Large number: When a lot of people are checking their results on the website, it slows down. Therefore, you shouldn’t panic but just be patient.
- Withheld results: You might also experience challenges if your results were received later than others. If the results are withheld, you can get them later so keep checking until you have them
For complaints and enquiries, Call CSSPS helpline
Contact CSSPS via 0900 800 700 or 0302 987 654.
Are you enjoying your time on JBKlutse?
Articles like these are sponsored free for everyone through the support of generous readers just like you. Thanks to their partnership in our mission, we reach more than 50,000 unique users monthly!
Please help us continue to bring the tech narrative to people everywhere through relevant and simple tech news, reviews, buying guides, and more.
Support JBKkutse with a gift today!