Cross River is a beautiful Nigerian state and they do not joke with tourism there. When you find the time to go there, there are lots of things you must expect to do and see. See a few below:
1. Agbokim waterfalls: This is one of the best places in the whole of Nigeria for adventurers in search of waterfalls. It is close to the Nigeria-Cameroon border.
2. Kwa falls: Another remarkable waterfall is seen in a narrow, steep gorge on the headwaters of Kwa. It has a staircase of 234 steps from the top to bottom.
3. Slave history museum: You will see it on the site of a 15th-century slave-trading warehouse in Marina Resort, Calabar. This museum will take you back to the days of the slave trade in Nigeria and West Africa.
4. Obudu mountain resort: This resort is only 45 miles from the border with Cameroon. Here, you will be able to ride cable cars, swim in the springs and watch gorillas do their thing.
5. Tinapa resort: The government of Cross River established this one and its water-themed park is amazing. Other spectacular facilities like a hotel, arcade, amphitheater are also available.
6. Visit drill ranch: Drill ranch, Pandrillus is a conservation area where Drill Monkeys undergo rehabilitation and then get re-introduced into the wild. Other rescued animals such as antelopes, parrots are there as well.
7. Mary Slessor’s House: Mary Mitchell Slessor was a Christian missionary that stormed Nigeria in 1876. She stayed in Cross River State and built the 2 bedroom mud house with a veranda, a store and a parlor named “Caravan.” Remember her popularity for preventing the further killings of twins? She kept the twins she rescued there.