You make use of your Amazon Echo for simple things like playing songs, setting alarms and controlling your smart home devices. However, do you know Alexa has other skills that will dazzle you? See 5 shocking things you had no idea your Amazon Echo could do:
1. Alexa can talk to your cats and dogs: A skill named “Meow” or “Woof!” can get the job done for cat and dog lovers respectively. Alexa simply transforms into a virtual cat or dog and converses with your pet.
2. Alexa, what should I wear today?: The “Dress Right” skill can make this happen in the Alexa app. Just say “Alexa, ask Dress Right for an outfit idea.”
3. Medication reminders: You can always set a reminder to take your blood pressure medicine at 2 pm and Alexa will remind you.
4. It helps writers: With its “Writing Motivation” skill, it motivates you to write. As soon as you activate the skill, simply say, “Alexa, open Writing Motivation” and Alexa will be your writing coach.
5. Donate to a charity: Just say, “Alexa, I want to make a donation.” Alexa will ask for the charity you wish to donate to, and then how much you are willing to part with. Ensure Amazon Pay is set up before donating.