Ghana’s economy continues to grow steadily, and the private sector expands with new local and foreign businesses entering several, varied markets.
Though modern in many other aspects, including the existence of large ‘malls’ and retail stores, Ghana has yet to embrace e-commerce as a working option or aspect of our retail industry.
The existence of high-speed, reliable Internet facilities by providers in the country has been a first step in moving Ghana towards an ecommerce driven future. Subsequently, a commensurate online payment model is a valuable and necessary add on as Ghana moves to first-world economy status with the might of ecommerce driving our industries.
iWallet a new online payment system in Ghana was launched on the 9th of November 2011 in Ghana was by DreamOval Ltd, one of the leading software development companies in the country and this marked the era of a Revolutionary Internet Payment Service.
The service was and is still expected to aid local merchants as well as individuals to make and receive payments of products and services online bought online.
Along the way somewhere in the iWallet rebranded to Slydepay with a focus on delivering a much better all-round experience in terms of security, user experience, UI/UX and generally improved version on iwallet.
SlydePay is currently Ghana’s premier online payments app and ecosystem. This application has been developed both for individuals and businesses, and the good news is, businesses have access to an API that they can configured on their own applications, websites and some major powered content management system e-commerce extensions.
Regardless of the kind of service you need to purchase or sell online slydepay is there to sort you and best of all its appropriate for the local Ghanaian market and there exist little or no local payment option for online transaction.
Slydepay is useful for individuals (looking to purchase goods online), merchants (looking to sell their wares online),
Slydepay also allows access to its API that they can configured on their own applications, websites and some major powered content management system e-commerce extensions.
Slydepay for Individuals (Personal)
- To know or not to know
- How can you manage your finances if you can’t see where your money is going? We have provided a simple way of monitoring your finances. Experience visibility beyond compare!
- Your money, a click away!
- Sending money to others shouldn’t be a hassle. With Slydepay, other crew members can receive or send money to you anywhere, anytime. No charge!
- Payments made Simple!
- Paying for items has never been this easy. Scan QR codes with Slydepay Mobile or just enter an email address to make a payment. It’s simple!
- Wondering how to add money to your account?
- Hakuna Matata! You can top up your Slydepay account using VISA, Airtel Money, First Capital plus Speed banking vouchers and MTN Mobile Money.
- We thought of YOU!
YOU with the knack for mobile apps.
And because of YOU, we built Slydepay Mobile
Individuals can open a slydepay account here for free and start transaction online.
Slydepay for Business (Merchant)
- Set your customers free. Join the movement: Slydepay gives you access to millions of people able to pay for your goods and services cashlessly. Set your customers free and allow them to pay you using whichever electronic means they wish, Slydepay will collect it and track it for you.
- Get Connected in 30 Minutes (or Less!): Whether you’re an ecommerce veteran or the latest web entrepreneur looking to extend your sales online, Slydepay has the perfect solution for you. Connect your web store with Slydepay with hassle-free and with zero coding, or pick up a ready-to-go eCommerce package from us now! Get Connected to Slydepay Now
- Got a Technical team? We make their life simple: You have a webmaster or an IT guru who is building your custom eStore. We cut down their integration time to Slydepay by more than 50%!. We have free snippets for Java, PHP, C# and more. Access these snippets here.
- Gain Clarity of Your Money: Get a grip of all the various numbers and figures that affect your business with key insights into your business and your customer data.
Merchants can sign up for an account for free here
Slydepay understands the current trend in technology with people surfing the web on the go with their smartphones and therefore recently launched an android app to meet the changing trends.
The app is super sleek and comes with such design and experience you normally will not associate with financial apps.
With the slydepay android app you can
- Add money to your account. Use a variety of channels (VISA, Airtel money, MTN, Speed banking and TIGO cash), to add money to your account. Any time. Anywhere.
- Slyde money and send money to any Slydepay user. Start Slyding today!
- Pay Slyde merchants. Got a favorite merchant? Pay them in-store or online.
- Money Stories: Keep track of all your transactions in one place and view the details whenever you like.
- Buy Airtime from any service provider (Airtel, Busy Internet, Expresso, MTN, Glo, Surfline, Tigo, and Vodafone).
- Link and Verify your VISA card in your Slyde account
You can download the Slydepay Android App here
Slydepay for Developers
No matter what online application you building for any eStore or online market whether custom code or using one of the many popular CMS applications. Slydepay has a solution for your needs as a developer.
Whether with Magento, Prestashop, Woocommerce, Virtuemart, Opencart Slydepay has built in plugins to help you integrate into your ecommerce application and accept payments from users buying from your store.
Visit http://developer.slydepay.com.gh/cart.html to download the appropriate plugin for your CMS
Are you a hands on developer doing the coding yourself using a popular programming language to build your application, slydepay has SDK’s for every your favorite language ranging from PHP, Ruby, Java, Vb, C# and more
Visit http://developer.slydepay.com.gh/sdks.html to download an SDK for your specific language.
Want to find out more you can have a live chat with Slydepay on their website or ask any questions in their knowledgebase section