G-Money, the mobile money service from GCB Bank, is the latest mobile payments platform in the country. Being a first from the banking sector, there’s so much expectation that people have of the platform — as it makes a case for others to follow suit as well as further the cashless economy hopes of the Ghanaian government.
However, for the platform to be able to make any impact in the Ghanaian electronic payments sector and the economy as a whole, it needs first to have a market share to enable it to do such. So in the next few paragraphs, we are going to read about the benefits offered to you by the G-Money platform — as an agent and as a subscriber.
Also read: G-Money and MTN MoMo comparison
G-Money benefits to mobile money agents and subscribers
- Agent services. Aside being an agent to regular customers, you can also serve in the same capacity to other mobile money agents. An agent’s agent — if you will.
- Voucher generation. Generate vouchers for clients and other agents so they can be able to perform withdrawals and deposits onto their accounts.
- Link accounts. Link your G-Money mobile money account to your bank account to enable you to be able to perform banking related transactions.
Client benefits on G-Money
- Low charges. This payment platform has the lowest transaction charges compared to others in the same sector.
- Very secure. Security is important when money is involved. As a product from a bank, it has probably the most secure mobile payments platform in operation currently.
- Interoperable. It works seamlessly with other e-wallet platforms, hence, presenting you with no issues — regardless of the network you’re making transactions to.
- Group services. Just as you create WhatsApp groups for family and friends, you can create G-Money groups for events. So next time you’re accepting contributions for the buddies hangout, you can simply create a group to receive the payments and send reminders.
Signing on to G-Money
Signing on is quite easy. If you’re a GCB Bank customer, just dial *422# and follow the prompts. If you’re not a customer of the bank, just visit any of their branches nationwide with a national ID (Ghanaian Passport, Ghana Card, Drivers License, SSNIT Card, NHIS Card).
Also, you can dial 0800 422 422 to get more information on what you should do.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel