DStv Ghana is a satellite TV service by MultiChoice Ghana. It is considered to be the best pay-tv in Ghana. According to Wikipedia, DStv (Digital Satellite Television) is a Sub-Saharan African direct broadcast satellite service owned by MultiChoice.
The service launched in 1995 and provides multiple channels and services to their subscribers, which currently number around 18.9 million.
The majority of subscribers are in South Africa and Nigeria, with Kenya, Ghana, Angola, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Uganda, Mauritius, Mozambique, Malawi, Tanzania, Lesotho, Ethiopia, the Republic of the Congo, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Gabon, Swaziland and Botswana additionally served by the company.
DStv Ghana Packages, Channels, and Subscription (Price)
DStv comes in five packages with addon options for subscribers to select from; they are:
- DStv Premium has 90+ active channels with a monthly subscription of GHS340.
- DStv Compact Plus has a total of 70+ active channels with a monthly subscription of GHS210.
- DStv Compact has a total of 65+ active channels with a monthly subscription of GHS140.
- DStv Family has a total of 55+ active channels with a monthly subscription of GHS75.
- DStv Access has a total of 40+ active channels with a monthly subscription of GHS40.
Addon packages include:
- DStv Great Wall Africa Bouquet GHS 50/month with 12 Channels
- DStv Great Wall Bouquet GHS 29/month with 5+ Channels
- DStv India Bouquet GHS 135/month with 15+ Channels
- DStv French Touch Bouquet GHS 29/month with 5+ Channels
- DStv French Plus Bouquet GHS 180/month with 10+ Channels
DStv Decoder Price in Ghana
DStv decoder comes in two modes: The default DSTV decoder and explorer decoder which offers more in terms of picture quality and is more compatible with 3D HD view. The decoder’s price depends on factors such as whether or not the decoder comes with the full kit, which includes the dish, installation and subscription charges. Usually, the installation charge is added to the overall cost, including the dish and, sometimes, a free one-month subscription.
Here, we will look at the prices of these DStv decoders. For convenience and proper understanding, we will look at the mated prices of these decoders with and without installation charges.
DStv Explora Price in Ghana
- ¢460 – ¢550 (Without Installation)
- ¢700 – ¢840 (with the installation. This also includes the dish)
DStv Zapper Decoder
- ¢100 – ¢140 (Without Installation)
- ¢160 – ¢200 (with the installation. This also includes the dish. This usually comes with a month free subscription).
Just as a mention for GOtv, aside from the prices mentioned above, where you buy your decoder can also affect the overall cost. You are guaranteed a good deal if you buy from an accredited dealer or the MultiChoice Ghana office ( I will provide contact details below). It is important to know that you need a DStv certified installer to help with the installation.
MyDStv App (How to download)
The MyDStv App is an easy and convenient way to manage your DStv account, fix errors, upgrade or downgrade packages, and update your details from one place. Download and install the MyDStv app and have peace of mind knowing that you are in control!
Android users click here
iOS/Apple users, click here.
DStv Ghana Payment Methods
To stay connected, you need to pay your monthly subscription fees. Here are the payment options you can consider:
- You can make payment for your DStv subscription at any MultiChoice Africa Branch near you.
- Alternatively, you can make payment using any of the following fintech services: MTN Mobile Money, ExpressPay, AirtelTigo Money and SlydePay.
Let me show you how to recharge subscription online or via mobile in the different options listed below:
How to Recharge DStv with MTN Mobile Money
To recharge your DStv with MTN Mobile Money, you must register for Mobile Money. In the process, you will be asked to choose a four-digit secret code which you will always use to make Moblie Money Transactions.
- Dial *170# on your MTN Device
- Select option 2 (pay bill).
- Select DStv.
- Enter the Smartcard number.
- Input reference number (e.g. June 2019 Subscription).
- Enter Amount.
- Enter the secret code.
- You will receive a confirmation message from MTN.
How to Recharge With DStv Eazy Self Service
The DStv Eazy Self Service is a self-care service my MultiChoice to help with paying, upgrading and downgrading DStv subscription and troubleshooting some issues that may come up with the decoder.
Here are the detailed steps on how to recharge with DStv Eazy Self Service:
- Visit the DStv Self Care portal here:https://eazy.dstv.com/en/gh/pay
- Enter your DStv smart card number
- Verify the captcha
- Enter the appropriate amount as per your subscription/the subscription you want to change to
- Click “Make Payment” and enter your card details.
You will receive a prompt message that you have successfully recharged your DStv account.
How to Recharge DStv with MTN Mobile Money
eTranzact enables you to pay your DStv subscription directly from your bank account by using your bank’s mobile banking service. If you have an account with the following listed banks, register your phone for your mobile banking service.
You will be given specific instructions to make DStv payments. (GCB, ACCESS, FIRST ATLANTIC, BOA, WOMEN’S WORLD BANKING, MIDLAND, ENERGY, UBA, Zenith)
Follow the steps below to complete a successful account payment on the E-tranzact platform:
- Visit etranzact.com
- Click on “PAY DStv” on top of the main menu. You will be redirected to the payment page.
- Then click on DStv
- Enter the payment details and submit.
You will receive a confirmation message once this is done.
How to Recharge DStv with Airtel Money
By default, every Airtel Sim Card has Airtel Money. If you don’t already have the AirtelMoney feature, you need to activate it first. To activate and recharge your DStv, follow the steps below.
- Go to Airtel Money.
- Go to my account, Choose change Pin.
- Enter old Pin which is a default number 1234
- Enter new; Then your SimCard will be activated for Airtel Money.
- Select the Airtel Money icon on your phone. Select “pay bill”.
- Choose other and Type “DStv”.
- Type amount in GHS.
- Enter Pin Code.
- You will be asked for reference Type your IUC number there.
You will receive a confirmation message on completion. This same procedure works for Tigo Cash and AirtelTigo Money.
How to Subscribe DStv Ghana with Slydepay
- Visit the SlydePay Payment Platform
- Scroll down to TV section and click on DStv
- Enter your DSTV Smartcard number
- A pop-up with your details will show up, click on “Confirm”
- Select your preferred subscription package
- Select your preferred payment option (MTN Mobile Money, Airtel Money, Visa/Mastercard, SlydePay, Tigo Cash, Vodafone Cash)
- Enter your wallet number and click on “Pay”
- Wait to confirm the transaction
How to Recharge DStv with Express Pay
You can pay for your DStv subscription or put money in your Box Office account using the ExpressPay app.
To download, go to your phone’s app store, search ExpressPay or visit expresspaygh.com.
Apart from the methods discussed above, there are also traditional methods to pay for your DStv subscription. Check them out below.
DStv Ghana Customer Care Contact Details
Get in touch with MultiChoice Ghana for all your DStv inquiries and support needs via the following:
Telephone Number: 030 274 0540/ +233 24 474 0540
Self-Service Number: *759#
WhatsApp Number: Click to chat
Official Email: [email protected]
Some office locations:
- Head Office – MultiChoice Ghana Ltd, Number 8, Basko Close, Abelenkpe, Accra, Ghana
- Kumasi Office – Kumasi City Mall, Asokwa
- Takoradi Office – Tigo Building, Axim Road
- Tamale Office – Close to Bank of Ghana
- Tema Office – Behind Women’s Hospital Giaan Towers, Comm. 11.
Are you enjoying your time on JBKlutse?
Articles like these are sponsored free for everyone through the support of generous readers just like you. Thanks to their partnership in our mission, we reach more than 50,000 unique users monthly!
Please help us continue to bring the tech narrative to people everywhere through relevant and simple tech news, reviews, buying guides, and more.
Support JBKkutse with a gift today!
1 thought on “DStv Ghana: Packages, subscription, channels, contact and more”
I am visiting here from the US. I am staying here with a family that lives in the country so they had a dish put in for me to view. So far the dish has been in about 30 days and it only works about half of the time. We are still waiting on the new decoder for the plan that we ordered. It seems that we always lose a signal on a Thursday where no one can fix it until next week. If this is any indication of what I’m looking forward to to have to pay for I should only provide half payment since it only works half of the time. Right now I am looking at there is no signal this may be due to bad weather or a faulty connection in the installation. Don’t you think that should read that The wiring is faulty not the installation which indicates that the installer did not do his job properly.