Zeepay is a fintech company, which connects digital assets like debit and credit cards, ATMs, Bank Accounts, digital tokens and mobile money wallets. They currently operate under the regulation of the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom (UK) and other regulators across Africa.
Zeepay Ghana recently obtained their mobile money license or Electronic Money Issuer (EMI) from the Bank Of Ghana, making them the first non-bank financial service to obtain the license.
READ ALSO: Zeepay mobile money service to be rolled out in Ghana soon
Zeepay Mobile Money provides absolute freedom to deposit, send, receive and make payments across all mobile money platforms in Ghana. That is why the service is praised for giving FREEDOM.
Hence, individuals have the;
- FREEDOM to have a Zeepay Mobile Money wallet on any network without a sim card.
- FREEDOM to Cash in your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet with your visa card and all mobile networks.
- FREEDOM to buy airtime for your loved ones anywhere in the world from Ghana.
- FREEDOM to pay all mobile money wallets, bank accounts and Visa cards.
- FREEDOM to receive your remittance into your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet and cash out from any money network.
How to use Zeepay Mobile Money
First, you need to register for Zeepay Mobile Money. Register quickly following these steps:
- Dial *270#
- Reply with 1 to begin the registration
- You would be asked to select any ID type from a list of four; that is, (1.) Voters ID (2.) Passport (3.) Drivers License (4.) SSNIT [Reply with the number (1,2,3 or 4) of the ID type you wish to use for the registration]
- Enter your ID number
- Enter your Residential Address
- Enter your Ghana Post GPS
- Choose 1 to confirm your creation of account.
READ ALSO: Zeepay targets 150m mobile money subscribers in 20 African countries.
Once you are done with the above, your account will instantly be created and ready for use. You can start using your account, choosing any of the following options:
This is the very first thing to do after the account creation before you can get to use any of the other options. Cash-in allows you to deposit money into your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet. You choose to either use MTN mobile money, Vodafone cash or AirtelTigo money for the Cash-in.
After depositing the money into your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet, you can then send the funds to Zeepay Mobile Money users as well as everyone across all mobile money platforms. You can also send money to people in other African countries via Africash on your Zeepay Mobile money.
One unique feature of Zeepay Mobile Money is Africash. With Africash on Zeepay Mobile Money, you can send money instantly to anyone across all countries in Africa. All you need is the person’s full name and contact number to be able to make the transfer.
READ ALSO: Zeepay raises $200k to aid integrations and expansions.
When you need some cash from your Zeepay Mobile Money wallet, you can withdraw it with the cash-out option. You can receive your money from any Zeepay Mobile Money agent across Ghana by merely entering the agent number after selecting Cash out.
Airtime and Bill Pay
Finally, Zeepay Mobile Money also allows you to buy airtime and pay for bills using the Airtime and Bill Pay option. Choose option five after dialling *270# and choose your Topup destination, Ghana or other countries. Enter the phone number and the amount of airtime you wish to buy. In the case of bill payment, just choose the type of bill you want to pay.
Written by iChris.
For stories of this sort and more, do well to log on to www.jbklutse.com or visit us on Facebook. To report a typo, email the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.