You might not be prepared to utter the words, “I love you too,” but that does not mean you do not appreciate the fact that someone said the 3 magic words to you. There is no right or wrong time to say you love someone back; you just have to be completely ready and sure. See words to replace “I love you” when saying it is too soon:
1. I really care deeply about you: According to PulseNG, saying this helps to create a connected moment between you and the other party involved, and it helps you tap into his or her emotional state.
2. Your loving words are very special to me: Replacing the word “love” with “loving” can be very helpful if you are not prepared to say the former yet. And when you use his or her word in your response, the person will know that the message has been well received.
3. I really care about you: This will help the person you are with to understand how you feel at the moment. It has to be said with complete sincerity too.
4. You make me feel incredible: Unlike the regular compliments, this phrase proves that you have taken the time to think of both of you as a team, instead of individuals who are dating.
5. I’m not ready to say that yet, but I know you’re important to me: Honesty is key in any relationship. This might hurt a bit, but it will at least make them understand that they are important to you. All that will be required from then on is patience.