Even if divorce is a worldwide phenomenon, marriage failure, divorce, and separation keep rising in Nigeria. Nigeria is one of the top ten with the highest divorce rates in the world. See Why Nigerian marriages end too soon:
1. Infidelity: This has to be a leading reason. And men and women are both guilty.
2. Incompatibility: Most people get married to the wrong people, lifestyle and character-wise.
3. Financial issues: Money problems can bring a marriage to an end.
4. Strange habits: Partners can later find out that their better half does things they never knew about. It could be smoking, drinking e.t.c.
5. Sexual dissatisfaction: Sexual dissatisfaction leads to frustration in marriages.