Whatsapp has rolled out new updates and this time, it looks like all the updates are group centered. Here they are in full detail:
- Group description: A short blurb found under group info that allows you to set the purpose, guidelines, or topics for the group. When a new person joins a group, the description will show up at the top of the chat.
- Admin controls: In group settings, there’s now a control that allows admins to restrict who can change the group’s subject, icon, and description.
- Group catch up: When you’ve been away from a group chat, quickly catch up on messages that mention or reply to you by tapping on a new @ button that appears at the bottom right corner of the chat.
- Participant search: Find anyone in a group by searching for participants on the group info page.
- Admins can now remove admin permissions of other group participants, and group creators can no longer be removed from the group they started.
In addition, the app has now “introduced protection so users can’t be repeatedly added to groups they’ve left.”
These features are now available on Android and iOS.
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel