Dart is a game that is loved by many but one that requires someone to have skills when playing it. Skills are what separate beginners from the experienced. It may seem like an easy game to play until you get to the part of throwing the dart. You will find that skills, sharpness and being able to hold the dart well are some of the requirements to play the game. It is, therefore, a game that requires someone to have patience when learning it because the skill of hitting the bullseye doesn’t come easy.
You can learn to play dart using various dartboards. There are some which are recommended for beginners while others can be used by the experienced players. It is good to know the various types that are in the market and how they facilitate the game so that when it is time to purchase one, you will make an informed decision. This guide has highlighted a number of dart boards, so read on and find out the types that exist in the market.
Types Of Dart boards
The following makes a list of dartboard types you are likely to find in the market;
- Electronic dart boards. If you want to have a modern experience playing dart, you should purchase the high rated electronic dart board. It, however, uses electricity to power it which means that it cannot be used with the absence of power. It is a very convenient dartboard for all players whether as an experienced player or a beginner. Its soft-tip darts render it safe for even children to play with it. Another thing that makes this kind of dartboard reliable is the fact that it displays points for the players involved which makes it easier to find the winner.
- Magnetic dart boards. This may not be the perfect choice of a dartboard for experienced dart players, but it comes in handy for those learning the game and for children in general. It usually has magnetic dart tips which make them stick on the board’s surface effortlessly when aimed at. You may, therefore, consider getting this when looking forward to learn dart game, or you can get it for kids.
- Wooden dart boards. If you want to experience a traditional feel to your dart game, you should definitely get a wooden dart board. They are usually made of poplar or elm and since they are likely to break due to dryness, they should be stored in damp conditions when not in use.
- Bristle dartboard. This is a very popular type of dartboard which can be found in pubs and clubs. It is made of sisal fiberwhich is usually attached to a metal edge made board. When the darts are retrieved from the board, the holes close because of the sisal fiber material.
- Cork dart boards. This makes the least of all the types of dartboards you will find in the market. They are cheap but not as durable as other dartboards. They also cannot be used by experienced players.