As a messaging app that is tailored for African users, Ayoba has support for multiple major languages on the continent. The app supports isiZulu, isiXhosa, Pidgin, Yoruba, Swahili, Hausa, French, and English.
The MTN Group was driven by the need to ensure that its customers get access to improved and affordable communication services. Its goal is to bring more people into the digital world by providing them with affordable and simplified digital communication services.
Ayoba was launched earlier this year and it has been operational in 8 countries, including one from the Middle East. In Africa, the Ayoba app is accessible in Ghana, Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire, Congo Brazzaville, South Africa, Cameroon, and Guinea Bissau. Users from Afghanistan can also use this messaging app.
Features of Ayoba messaging app
- Local languages: It has support for major languages where MTN is operational in Africa.
- Instant messaging: Regardless of the network, users can instantly send and receive text and voice messages with any of their contacts.
- With Ayoba, you wouldn’t have to go searching for people to talk to as it uses your existing address book to quickly and easily connect with your contacts.
- Secure: Ayoba uses end-to-end encryption to secure users’ messages.
- Calls: Make calls within the app using your voice connection.
- Chat with everyone: Users can send SMS text messages with anyone in their contact list, regardless of whether they’ve installed Ayoba or not.
- Channels: There are channels on Ayoba which users can subscribe to get locally relevant content.
- There is also a group chat feature in Ayoba to communicate with your friends all at once.
Ayoba is currently working on a money transfer feature to allow users to send and receive payments via Mobile Money. The messaging app is currently only available for Android users.