Vodafone X Vs MTN Pulse
The introduction of MTN Pulse by the leading telecommunication company in Ghana; MTN Ghana got Vodafone Ghana to revise its Vodafone X packages. In order to keep up with the competition, Vodafone Ghana had to sign up Snap Chat as a free app on its Vodafone X Xtreme package for subscribers.
Interestingly both call packages are targeted at the youth in Ghana, and I can understand this move considering the fact that, these groups of audience are mostly the ones using the latest gadgets, smartphones and apps to stay connected in a variety of ways.
Could this be a clear show of dominance by these telecommunication companies?
Vodafone X for some months has enjoyed a lot of praise from most university students. Lot of students had to port or had to acquire second phones just to stay connected on the Vodafone X community. Vodafone X became the preferred data plan option for most students who were concerned about how much they were spending on internet data.
Although Airtel, Tigo, and Glo had some promotions going on, none had the pure blend of data and voice offers Vodafone X had.
In order to maintain its market share; the leading telecommunication communication in Ghana: MTN Ghana introduced what seem to be a direct replica and a response to Vodafone X.
After releasing my post on the introduction of MTN Pulse, enthusiastic subscriber of Vodafone X felt MTN Ghana is a copy cut, and felt Vodafone X is still the best voice and data plan in the country currently.
Who can be the best judge of this?
I believe both packages are great, but it is not for one to decide which best suits their lifestyle.
We must not only be carried away by the packages the both offer, because what becomes of so much time to talk, and data to browse when you can not even get a good network connectivity to enjoy it.
Before I conclude, I would like to share with you some pros and cons according to legacybase.com:
Pros of MTN Pulse
- Cheaper: MTN Pulse bundles are more affordable to the youth starting from 1 Cedi daily, same as that of Vodafone X, but 5 Cedis weekly and 10 Cedis monthly, which is less.
- Variety For Same Price: MTN Pulse allows its subscribers to choose how they want their subscription, that is, either as minutes plus data or as only data.
CONS of MTN Pulse
- Less Free Apps: The package surely includes Whatsapp, Twitter and Facebook, even throwing in Wikipedia into the mix, but it still falls short of other apps that the youth use a lot these days apart from what they are offering.
- Less Offers: MTN Pulse only has three offers; daily, weekly and monthly.
- Less Data: Data bundle offered by MTN Pulse is technically the same as that offered off Pulse and lesser than that offered by their competitor. The noticeable difference between on and off Pulse is the free Apps.
- Free Calls on Mondays only on Monthly: Seriously, how many young people will be as free on Mondays as they are on weekends to be making free calls? This offer is more of a Con than a Pro.
PROS of Vodafone X
- More Offers: Vodafone X is not holding back at all with their offers. They have 6 offers, with three of them being different varieties of their monthly offer.
- Free Popular Social Apps: Depending on the offer a subscriber chooses, Vodafone offers free service for Whatsapp, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and SnapChat.
- Free Vodafone X calls and SMS: With every offer a subscriber chooses comes free calls d SMS to all other Vodafone X subscribers and free SMS to all Vodafone subscribers .
- Double Bonus On All Top-Ups: I guess that is self explanatory
- More Data: The Vodafone X data bundle offer looks juicier than it’s competitor’s.
CONS of Vodafone X
- Pricey: The offers are more pricey with extreme plus going 35 Ghana Cedis monthly.
In order to help each other, I felt I had to write this post for others to share their experiences with Vodafone X and MTN Pulse based on their locations in Ghana.
Tell me about your experience in the comments, and read and share what someone also has shared.
At the end, our reviews will speak for itself.
Which is your preferred choice? Vodafone X or MTN Pulse
Do you have something to add to this post? share it in the comments.