Getting your iPhone to perform at an optimum level when it is fresh is never a problem. Opening new windows when browsing, navigating your way through the menu and opening apps is as fast as it can be. However, when you use your phone for a while–downloading new apps and taking a lot of pictures and videos–your phone’s memory capacity begins to reduce and may reduce the performance of your device.
This will cause it to lag (freeze) every now and then. Whenever you try to open an app, it may take longer than usual. Maybe, an hour or two (well, I’m exaggerating but the delay makes the phone’s usage boring).
When iPhone lagging begins to occur, there are certain measures you can take to ensure that it is curtailed. For instance, you may have to manually delete some apps to ensure that enough space is freed. Sometimes too, when you have a lot of apps opened it can cause your phone to run slow. So all you have to do is to close some of the apps.
One of the most effective results is to clear iPhone cache. Clearing iPhone cache becomes very necessary when you have used the phone for about 3 months or more. You see, as you use applications, they save data for future reference. For instance, when you use snapchat to view someone’s story, it’ll save images and other pieces of the stories you’ve read so that they don’t have to be downloaded each and every single time the app needs them. This saves you time and data.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
However, over time, this piles up and eats up space on your iPhone, causing it to slow down regarding it’s speed and performance. So there is only one solution: just clear it! Don’t worry. If you use an iPhone X & iPhone 8 / 8 Plus, we’ve got solutions for you.
How to clear iPhone cache: iPhone X & iPhone 8 / 8 Plus
Clear Cache Partition
- Access your phone by turning it on and unlocking it to get to the home screen.
- Navigate and locate the Settings which will be resembled by a gear icon.
- Select the General option.
- Then, choose Storage and iCloud Usage.
- Tap on the Manage Storage amongst the choices.
- Swipe the App that you want to remove cache, then confirm by selecting Delete.
- Lastly, Tap on Edit and Delete All to remove the application’s data in the cache.
You can also try this method for other versions of iPhone
Step 1: Delete the Safari cache on iPhone or iPad
We’re going to start by clearing out the caches. Note that this will log you out of any websites you’ve signed into. Follow these steps to clear out the Safari cache on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app, and scroll down to the fifth group of options (with Mail at the top). Tap Safari.
- Scroll down again and tap ‘Clear History and Website Data’.
- Tap ‘Clear History and Data’
Step 2: Clean app data on iPhone or iPad
Data stored by other apps can be cleaned out using the Usage option in settings. Follow these steps:
- Tap Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage.
- In the top section (Storage), tap Manage Storage.
- Select an app that’s taking up a lot of space.
- Take a look at the entry for Documents & Data. If this is taking up more than 500MB, it’s worth deleting and reinstalling the app to clear the space.
- Tap Delete App, then head to the App Store to re-download it. This will be a clean install without all the data and documents.
Step 3: Free up memory by restarting your iPhone or iPad
For the most part, iOS will manage your memory effectively without you having to do anything. But we do find that restarting an iPhone occasionally is a good way to clear the memory and ensure that important apps have enough to use.
Here’s how to restart your iPhone:
- Hold down the Sleep/Wake button (on the top or at the top-right of the device) until “slide to power off” appears.
- Swipe the power off slider.
- Wait until the device has fully powered down, then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button to turn on the iPhone.
Doing this on a regular basis used to be vital on an iPhone, and it’s still useful on older models.
Step 4: Download a cleaner app for iPhone or iPad
There are various apps available that can help you quickly get rid of files you don’t need. These apps are normally downloaded onto your Mac or PC, which you’ll then need to connect your iPhone (or iPad) to in order for it to work its magic.
A cleaner app is normally the fastest and most effective way to make space on your iPhone, but if you want a full-featured one they usually cost up to £20. That said, it’s better than having to cough up for a whole new phone when you run out of space!
PhoneCleanPhoneClean by iMobile can be used to remove junk files from iOS. Follow these steps:
- Attach the iPhone to your Mac using the USB Cable.
- Open PhoneClean and click Scan.
- Once the scan is complete, click Clean.