After 11 years of doing business in Africa, TECNO mobile has become one of the most respected and leading mobile phone brands in Africa. For the first time since 2008 when it decided to exclusively concentrate on doing business in Africa, the company this year, hosted its first ever Global Spring Launch on the continent in Nigeria.
It was an exciting and fun-packed night of glamour during the Global Spring Launch at the prestigious Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos, Nigeria.
At the launch, TECNO Mobile announced five new smartphones — The TECNO Camon X, TECNO Camon X Pro, TECNO F1, TECNO F2 and TECNO POP1.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
In this article, we will share with you what we heard and what you should expect from the latest Camon duo: TECNO Camon X and Camon X Pro.
TECNO Camon X and Camon X Pro: Clearer selfie camera with Face ID
A 16MP rear cameras with an increased image definition of 30% over that of the CAMON CX to ensure that images are clear and sharp on both devices. The main difference here is the selfie cameras. 20MP selfie camera (Camon X) and 24MP (Camon X Pro), both with large f/2.2 aperture.
What should you expect from this improved camera:
- “4-in-1” mode — utilises 4 different small cells to balance colour, lighting and combines them into one picture
- Bokeh effect mode to place more focus on your face than the background
- Intelligent adjustable flashlight
- “AI-powered” selfie beautification
- 3-HDR mode for portrait and group selfies.
The duo comes in 6-inch Full Display Screen with 2.5D corning third glass. This glass gives the phones a purely aesthetic and ergonomic feel. With this glass, users can easily touch and swipe on the screen of the phone smoothly.
Performance & Battery
In order to beat and improve the performance of the Camon CX, the Camon X and X Pro features a Mediatek Helio P23 chipset with 2GHz speed, 16-nanometer silicon, and a dedicated hardware for image signal processing.
What does this mean?
This means high performance and longer battery life with fantastic photo and video experience for anyone who buys this device.
This device runs on Android 8.1 Oreo with TECNO’s HiOs v3.0. The latest version of the HiOS UI identifies components causing heating in the background and quickly cools off the phone through a series of methods such as background cleaning. And this will definitely improve battery life of the 3750 mAh battery the phone packs.
The CAMON X and CAMON X Pro debuts a new Face ID technology that can be used to unlock the phone. TECNO Mobile still maintains the fingerprint scanner.
Specs and other features
- Android 8.1 Oreo, layered with HiOS V3.3
- 16MP rear camera with ring flash and “super pixels”
- 3750 mAh battery
- 2.0GHz Octa-core processor, MediaTek Helio P23 processor
- Face ID and fingerprint security available
- 20MP selfie camera (Camon X) or 24MP (Camon X Pro), both with large f/2.2 aperture
- 6-inch, 18:9 display — 1440 x 720 HD (Camon X) and 2160 x 1080 Full HD (Camon X Pro)
- 16GB internal, 3GB RAM and 64GB internal and 4GB RAM on the Camon X and Camon X Pro respectively
Camon X in Ghana: GHS 740
Camon X Pro in Ghana: Yet to be communicated
Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.