Tax Identification Number or simply TIN number is a unique identification number that is issued to taxpayers for official transactions. In recent times in Ghana, you can’t do anything significant without it, though the steps to apply for TIN number is really easy.
Without TIN number these days, you won’t even be allowed to create a bank account, or register a business, land or any other property. You can read the simplified detailed info on TIN here.
Quickly, let’s go through the steps to apply for TIN number in about 3 minutes.
Steps to apply for TIN number
- Go to the Ghana Revenue Authority website.
- Fill in the spaces provided with your details.
- At the bottom, hit the “Add” button to upload your ID. It should be a scanned and coloured copy.
- After that, click “Register” at the very bottom of the page.
- A success message will appear if the name, email, and ID get validated.
- A system-generated email will be sent to the email address you provided. Follow the link in the email to proceed.
- Now, enter your email and password you entered on the very first page and hit continue.
- The next page is a fill-in page. Fill in your details and click “Submit”.
- Now, you are done applying for a Tax Identification Number.
You will be notified by the number or email you provided that your TIN is ready, which you would go to a GRA office for a print-out. It is done that way because you would have to sign that you have received your TIN.