Sleep is a very important medicine when it comes to battling colds. It is a huge booster for your immune system, enhancing your body’s ability to get rid of viruses before they take hold. And when you fall sick, proper sleep will help you bounce back quicker. See Sleeping tips you need when you have a cold:
1. Prop yourself up: Sinus pressure is better when your head is higher than your body, therefore allow gravity to do the work for you.
2. Use a vaporizer or humidifier: Cold can dry your airways out, making them raw. Moisturize the air with a humidifier or vaporizer.
3. Drink or eat something hot: Inhaling the steam from hot soup or drinks is useful here.
4. Try cold and flu medicines: There are several medicines for cold and flu symptoms.
5. Avoid alcohol: Definitely, it will make you drowsy. Drink away when you feel better.