You may have Samsung’s cool latest flagship– the Galaxy S9/S9 Plus. The device has some amazing features and specifications such as being powered by Qualcomm’s Artificial Intelligent (AI) powered chipset to make AI functions faster. So generally, this together with the 4GB RAM and 6GB RAM for the S9 and S9 Plus consecutively, the devices should be super fast and smooth.
However, as you use devices over a period, the temptation to download various apps to experience the full capacity of the device is there. When you fall for it, you’ll end up having a number of apps which store cached data on a regular basis. You see, as you use applications, they save data for future reference. For instance, when you use snapchat to view someone’s story, it’ll save images and other pieces of the stories you’ve read so that they don’t have to be downloaded each and every single time the app needs them. This saves you time and data.
Over time, these cached data eat up space on your device, causing it to lag. When this happens, you can take certain measures to ensure that it comes back to normal.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
For instance, you can decide to reduce widgets. All those widgets you have running on your home screen may be useful, but they also take up their fair share of resources. Consider disabling widgets that you don`t really need. This will help you relieve your phone off some stress.
But a more sustainable way is to clear cached data. This frees more space. So how do you do that? Well, just follow the steps below and you will be sorted out– you can clear app cache on your Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus.
Clear app cache on your Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus
Just like we mentioned above, the app cache keeps some bits and pieces of information which is used to aid the use of more than one app at a time on your device. You can either clear the app cache of a specific app or do it for all apps installed on your device.
Follow the steps below to clear app cache for a specific app:
- Open the App menu on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Next, tap on the Settings app icon.
- Tap on the “Applications” option and then tap on Application Manager.
- Look for the app whose cache you want to clear and tap on it.
- Next, tap on Storage and then tap on Clear Cache.
Note: The steps listed above will only work when your device is Standard mode.
Some apps do not have this option available.
Follow the steps below to clear cache data for all apps installed on your Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9 Plus.
- Go to the General Settings and open the Storage menu.
- Next, tap on the Cached Data and then tap on Delete.
If after you clear app cache on your Samsung Galaxy S9 / S9 Plus, your device is still running slow, you should consider performing a factory reset. Follow the steps below:
- With the Galaxy S9 powered off, press and hold the “Volume Up” and “Bixby” buttons.
- Continue to hold both buttons, then press and release the “Power” button to power the device on.
- Release all buttons when the Samsung logo appears. The Android Recovery menus should appear.
- Use the volume buttons to toggle the selection to “Wipe data / factory reset“. Press “Power” to choose the highlighted selection.
Open “Settings” > “General management” > “Reset” > “Factory data reset” > “Reset” > “Delete all”
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.