The art of hair dyeing is becoming rampant but if you are not aware, there are consequences. Maybe if people knew of these side effects, they would thread more carefully. See some of the disadvantages of this habit below:
1. Allergic reactions: If you did not know, hair dyes come with paraphenylenediamine, and paraphenylenediamine is a common allergen, a kind of antigen that produces an abnormally vigorous immune response. Therefore, as you dye that hair, you are risking serious allergic reactions.
2. Irritable skin: Dermatologists have been clamoring for people to stop using hair dye because of severe skin reactions. If you must know, skin reaction is actually a common side effect that happens from time to time when hair coloring happens.
3. Conjunctivitis: You just cannot dye your hair without the dye touching your face. And when it comes in contact with your face, the chemicals in the dye can actually hurt your eyes, which can result in conjunctivitis or pink eye. In other cases, it could lead to inflammation and severe discomfort.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
4. Fertility problems: There is a specific ingredient in permanent hair dyes, named Lead acetate, and researchers have linked this chemical to fertility problems in both men and women. Manufacturers of these dyes have not stopped using the chemical, so it is up to you to do the right thing for your health.
5. Cancer: Even if this might sound surprising and unbelievable, it is actually true. Permanent hair dyes come with carcinogenic compounds (cancer-causing compounds.) and they are a danger to your health. Recently, the formulas were changed to replace these chemicals, but the debate on if it is still a cancer risk or not is still on.