A decade ago, Rozonno and Mia McGhee welcomed their sextuplets, the first-ever type of delivery in Columbus, Ohio. It is expected that Mothers with deliveries like this will find caring for the babies very challenging, but we can help.
1. Be prepared: You must be ready for the possibility of delivering them in multiples. People give birth to twins, triplets e.t.c from time to time and no woman is exempted. Once you are prepared, it will be less tasking when it becomes a reality.
2. Routines for multiples: Routines are key, even if they are quite tasking. Mothers should make sure they keep a daily diary for each baby and mobile applications can help you with this. It does not matter how tired you are, you should know when last your baby slept, ate and got changed. As soon as you have a routine for feeding, naptimes, and bedtimes, make sure you stick to it.
3. Feeding: It is very possible to breastfeed multiples, even if you might need support from doctors and relatives. Feeding several babies simultaneously actually saves time but it can be very tricky. However, with time, you will know breastfeeding works best for you and your babies. Never forget to drink lots of water too since breastfeeding makes you thirsty.
4. Seek help: A friend or family member can help you as well. You can use their help for so many things. It could be cooking lunch, washing some clothes or buying foodstuff. It is always wise to delegate some of these tasks to your friends and loved ones.
5. Don’t overdress: As soon as you give birth to multiples, it is time to start dressing properly. Buy some pajamas that you can easily slouch in and wear it all day. If you need to get out of the house with your kids, rock your pajamas with pride. It is all about priorities for the time being.