Now that almost everyone is working from home, it is normal to notice sites taking longer to load and videos frustrating you with the constant buffering while you stream. The truth is that it is very expected for internet speed to be affected with this overload so let’s help you maximize your home network performance:
1. Disconnect things: Disconnect devices in your house from your wifi. Devices such as dishwashers, coffee makers and refrigerators do not need wifi to function, so it is the wise thing to do.
2. Choose wisely: As you watch that interesting movie, choose standard definition (SD) versus high definition (HD) and your Wifi should work great.
3. Reduce some quality: You should give reducing the resolution on your doorbell camera and other security cameras some thought while you remain indoors too. You are around anyway, so you can relax the security.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
4. Place it the right way: Ensure your wifi modem/router is placed in a centrally located area for the signal to reach more rooms inside your house. Make sure it is on a shelf since the signal travels outward and downward.
5. Less load: It will be wise to go for telephone conference calls instead of video streaming meetings to reduce the demand on your home network.
For more stories of this nature, visit www.jbklutse.com.