The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), in collaboration with the National Board for Small Scale Industries (NBSSI) and the Accra Digital Centre (ADC), has launched a competition dubbed ‘NINJA Business Plan Competition’ in a bid to support businesses emerging during the COVID-19 outbreak. As a startup business you can win an attractive award of up to USD$ 30,000.
The NINJA (Next Innovation with Japan), and the competition aims at targetting startups and organisations from 19 African countries which include:
- Burkina Faso
- Cote d’Ivoire
- South Africa
Hence, if you are a startup or organisation in the sectors listed below, you should give it a try.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Health: Online healthcare support; disease-testing solutions; medical data sharing and privacy protection solution; distribution of drugs and medical equipment; IoT, including 3D printers, in the medical field.
- Disaster management: Geo-tracking during disasters; emergency information dissemination.
- Business services: Support for remote workers; efficient management/operation of online events.
- Education sector: Remote learning support.
- Food and agriculture: Efficient food/commodity distribution technology.
- Finance: Contactless transactions/payments; lending/insurance services to SMEs and individuals.
- Logistics: Delivery service, urban mobility management.
- Other: Substituting imported goods with local innovative technology.
NINJA Business Plan Competition Schedule
- Application deadline: 6th – 29th July 2020 (First-come, first-reviewed base)
- Interview of selected startups: Late August – Early September 2020
- Final Selection: September 2020
- Contract with JICA
Visit the NBSSI website to find out more about the eligibility criteria and contract details of the competition.
To apply for the NINJA Business Plan Competition, please click here: https://forms.gle/8E5RQuchUsU5P8Jt7. For any queries about the competition, please get in touch with them at the following email address: email@example.com.