The MTN Ghana Foundation has opened applications for students in public tertiary institutions to apply for the 2020 edition of its Bright Scholarship. Applications are open from now until 31st May 2020.
Also read: What MTN Ghana’s MoMo waiver means
MTN Ghana Foundation Bright Scholarship
The MTN Bright scholarship is an initiative of The MTN Foundation — a Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) management structure for the MTN Group’s related initiatives across the telecom giant’s 22 operations.
The scholarship is open to citizens of Ghana only, and here are the requirements applicants are expected to fulfil.
As stated earlier, one has to be a Ghanaian citizen. The other requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must be proven to be hard-working with excellent academic results.
- Continuing students and first-year students in any accredited public tertiary institution in Ghana who meet all criteria may apply.
- Applicants must provide a one-page letter of motivation; indicating why MTN Foundation should award you a scholarship for their education, as well as stating their educational and professional goals.
- Applicants must attach their WASSCE results, admission letters and written Testimonials from Senior High School.
Submission of application
- The application must be submitted together with valid contact details (Phone number/E-mail address).
- Shortlisted applicants will be notified and invited to meet the scholarship panel.
Students enjoying any form of educational scholarship are discouraged from applying.
The foundation gives priority to persons pursuing courses in ICT, Computer Science, and Engineering. Such persons, as well as WOMEN and PERSONS with a disability, are especially encouraged to apply.
For first-year public tertiary institution students
An applicant in the first year of any public tertiary institution in Ghana should have credit passes in six (6) subjects with an overall aggregate of 24 at the WASSCE/SSSCE, respectively.
Three of the six subjects should be core subjects: English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science or Social Studies and three must be in relevant electives.
For this scholarship, a credit pass in:
i. WASSCE means A1 – C6
ii. SSSCE means A – D
For continuing education students
A continuing student applicant should
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Be involved in extra curricula activities.
- Be proven to be without any academic disciplinary issue and/or must not be serving a bond to be of good behaviour.