If you did not know before, know now that Estonia is the most online country in the world.
This small country in North-Eastern Europe is actually the most digital nation globally, and there are facts to back this up.
Check a few of them out below:
- In Estonia, all public services are available online.
- In this beautiful country, citizens are allowed to vote in local or national elections straight from their computers.
- The people of Estonia can receive digital prescriptions on their smartphones.
- In Estonia, children are fed with everything digital as soon as they are born. Digital IDs are given to them, and in Kindergarten, coding and robotic classes are already happening for the young ones.
- Going to the police and filing the lawsuit happens online in Estonia.
- Anyone who is not from the country can become an E-resident of Estonia, which means that it is possible to work in the country without actually visiting. Wow.
- And if you think they can be hacked easily as a nation since everything is done online, encryption and a blockchain to secure the country’s most valuable and important information will prevent that.
Learn more about Estonia via this video by Nas Daily.
Let us know if you believe this is a wise or risky move by Estonia. Do you think countries should be run like this, and is it achievable in Africa?