A nation that seeks to transform should take technology seriously. It’s youth should be seen actively involved in one technological project or the other.
One major factor that influences the development of a country and its sustainability is how dependent the country is, on technology and to what extent their citizens can find their way around it.
Therefore, when the NPP Government proclaimed change, most observers in the technology space were interested in knowing how they were going to integrate technology in their agenda for change.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
I commend the events sub-committee of Ghana’s 60th Anniversary Committee for introducing the Jubilee Innovation Challenge for app developers.
The competition opens from February 22 to May 19, and shortlisted applicants would be announced on July 2.
The awards ceremony would come off on July 19, and the winner would receive GH¢100,000.00 prize package while the First Runner-up would get GH¢75,000.00 and the Second Runner-up would go home with GH¢50,000.00, which would be financed by the Universal Merchant Bank.
Criteria and Eligibility
– Competitors must be aged between 18-35 years old.
– Solutions should be available via a mobile phone, either a smartphone (Android, IOS, Mobile Web) or non-smart phone (SMS, USSD, Voice).
– Solutions can also include Internet of Things Based Solutions.
– The solution should be demonstrable and work in Ghana.
– The solution should be built by a Ghanaian resident or Ghanaian-registered Company.
– The solution should not be a copy of an existing business in Ghana.
- Opening Submissions – February 22, 2017
- Deadline for Submissions – May 19, 2017
- Shortlisting – July 2nd 2017
- Awards Ceremony – July 19, 2017
1st – GHs 100,000
2nd – GHs 75,000
3rd – GHs 50,000