Seeking a mobile app developer who wants to use simple design and big data to improve economic outcomes for small business owners in the developing world (and for yourself). OZÉ empowers small businesses to make data-driven decisions to improve performance. It is a mobile app that aggregates and analyzes financial data and uses it to create intuitive decision-support dashboards and push plain language recommendations to business owners. We have world changing ambitions and are supported by MassChallenge, the Legatum Center at MIT, and the Harvard Innovation Lab.
The Android Developer will be working on the OZÉ Android client for which they’d design and build the next generation of mobile business intelligence applications.
Table of Contents
Some responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Designing and developing advanced android
- Bug fixing and improving application performance
- Communicating technical requirements and performance to the customer team
- Pushing the team’s thinking; acting like a leader and a manager
At least, they must:
- Deeply understand Object Oriented Programming principles and practices
- Have a strong conceptual and working understanding of Java
- Have a strong understanding of the Android SDK and working experience
- Have a firm understanding on Android Design Principles and basic human-computer interaction concepts
- Have experience w/ networking programming & parallel computing in Android
- Understand general performance optimizations in Android
- Some basic understanding of UI rendering optimizations and trade-offs
- Be familiar with industry-wide frameworks like ButterKnife and OkHttp.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
We have a preference for individuals with experience in development for use in low bandwidth environments. Our first market is Accra, Ghana. If this is even the tiniest bit interesting to you, please reach out! Email an introduction and however you like to demonstrate your work (CV, portfolio, etc.) to email@example.com. In the meantime, you can learn more at www.oze.guru.
Modest compensation is available now. More compensation available soon (finger’s crossed).
Did you find this useful …
Kindly comment your views below and do follow Us on Twitter and Instagram @JBKlutse for more.
Please press share on Facebook or Twitter right below. It helps more people see it.
To Guest Post or Advertise on our website, kindly call +233245721815.