You can fix any alert you get on your iPhone that says, “Not enough iCloud storage” by backing up your phone. You might sometimes see the “This iPhone cannot be backed up because there is not enough iCloud storage available” error, but it still doesn’t make it impossible to back up your iPhone. In this article, I present to you 3 things you can do if you keep getting the ”Not enough iCloud storage” alert on your phone.
1. Change what will be backed up to iCloud
Under “Next Backup Size,” you will see a list where you can “Choose Data to Back Up.” This list will have applications and how much data each has to back up. The list will reveal what occupies the most space and what occupies the least. If a smaller backup file is required, untick larger data items from the list if you do not mind whether or not they’re backed up.
2. Buy more iCloud storage
This is the part most people avoid. However, you just have to pay Apple 99 cents monthly to boost your iCloud storage from 5GB to 50GB.
3. Use iTunes
If you are using a personal computer, you can plug your device into your PC and back it up to iTunes rather than using iCloud. To use it;
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Launch iTunes. Tap on the little iPhone icon on the top left side of the iTunes window.
- Swipe down to “Backup” and under “Automatically Back Up,” select “This Computer.”
- After some minutes, your PC will have a backup file of your iPhone.
- To double-check the file, head to the iTunes menu, choose “Preferences” and select the “Devices” tab. Right there, a list of any iPhone backups that have been made through iTunes will be visible.
READ ALSO: How to find your iPhone’s IP address