There are lots of ways to boost the download speeds on your PlayStation 4. No gamer likes to wait a very long time to download fresh content they just bought, so let’s help you end this problem once and for all. Here’s how to increase download speeds on PlayStation 4.
How to increase download speeds on PlayStation 4
- Make sure your Ethernet cable is plugged into one of the LAN ports on your modem.
- Plug the other end of the same Ethernet cable into the LAN port on the back of your PS4.
- Choose “Settings” from the main menu of your PS4.
- Choose “Network.”
- Choose “Set up Internet Connection.”
- Choose “Use a LAN Cable.”
- Choose “Easy.”
READ ALSO: Resident Evil Resistance Beta delayed on PS4 and Steam
Your PS4 will instantly detect the network from your Ethernet cord and connect you to the internet. If you don’t have the option to make use of a wired connection, see below for how to enhance the quality of your Wi-Fi connection.
How to enhance the quality of your Wi-Fi connection
- Disconnect devices that are not needed from the internet.
- Take your PS4 to a room where it is closer to your modem.
- Reset your modem’s connection. These instructions change depending on the modem you are using, but most of them come with a reset button that you only have to press and hold for 30 seconds to do so.