iMovie was built into macOS and it is superb with movie editing and managing short clips for social media. It can remove audio from a video tool just like VLC, you just need to download it here. Let’s show you how How to use iMovie to remove the audio track from a video:
- Open iMovie and choose “Import Media” in the center.
- Load your clip, right-click it, and choose “Entire Clip.”
- Drag the clip into the “Timeline” way down on the screen to allow editing.
- Right-click on the Timeline and choose “Detach Audio.” This will split the Timeline into pure video and pure audio.
- Right-click the audio track and tap “Delete.”
- Choose “Export” in the menu and save the clip somewhere.
- According to Techlector, save the media as another file to differentiate it from the original so you can undo or redo any changes from the original later. The original file can be deleted after making sure the new file is exactly the way you want it.