Transferring files between Apple devices and other devices has always been a problem. Well, this app called Android File Transfer has come to make things easy for those of us that use devices that run on different operating systems.
Android File Transfer is an easy way to transfer files between Android and Mac, though Google didn’t make it for that purpose. It was originally made for transferring files between Android and Chrome OS.
Let’s see how we can quickly set up the app to copy files from Android to a Mac computer.
How to use Android File Transfer on Mac
First, you can get the app from the Android website.
- After downloading, double click on the downloaded file to install it.
- Drag the Android File Transfer to the Application folder when the installation is done.
- Now connect your Android device to your Mac via a USB data cable.
- Then launch the application.
- Your phone will be cast on the Mac computer so you can browse through the folders and select the file that you would like to transfer to the Mac machine.
- All you need to do is to copy the file and paste it to the desired location on your Mac computer.
- That’s it!
See for yourself? This is a really quick and easy way to transfer files and folders from Android to Mac and vice versa. Note that newer MacBooks may not work using this technique because of the USB-Type C ports on them.