Data is an essential resource in the internet world, and it’s common for our loved ones to run out of data now and then. Luckily, mobile telecom providers in Nigeria have made it possible for you to share your data with your friends and loved ones to help them get back online. If you’re looking for how to transfer data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel, this article is for you.
Here, we will take you through the easiest procedures to help you share data with the people you care about.
Bear in mind that you can only share data with the same service provider as you. For instance, if you are using an Airtel SIM, you can only share data with other Airtel users.
How to Share Data on MTN
You can share data on MTN in three ways, using the USSD, SMS, or the MTN app.
- Dial 1317# on your phone.
- Choose option 1: “transfer from data balance.”
- Enter the recipient’s phone number.
- Select the amount of data you want to send.
- Choose “confirm transaction.”
- Open your message app.
- Type in “transfer” followed by the recipient’s number and the amount of data you want to send.
- Send your message to 131.
- You’ll receive a confirmation message telling you your data transfer is successful.
Using the App:
- Login to “my MTN mobile app.” If you don’t have the app, download it on the Play Store or App Store and register your details.
- On the app homepage, tap on the “share” option.
- From the drop-down menu, select the “data and airtime” sharing option.
- Enter the amount of data you want to share and the recipient’s number.
- Select “proceed.”
How to Transfer Data on Airtel
Sharing data on the Airtel network is easily done through the Airtel data share, commonly known as the Me2U service.
- Dial *141#.
- Choose option 8, which is the “share data” option.
- Select “data Me2U,” which is on option.
- Next, select “enter from existing balance.”
- Enter the recipient number and the amount of data you want to send.
- Tap on “send.”
How to Share Data on 9Mobile
Sharing data on 9Mobile is simple. 9Mobile users require a PIN to share data, and the default PIN in most cases is 0000 for all users. To change your PIN, dial 247default PIN*new PIN#. Once you’re done, you’ll receive a confirmation if it’s successful.
To share data, follow these steps:
- Dial 229 followed by your new PIN, then the data amount, followed by the recipient’s phone number and send.
- Once you’re done, you’ll receive a confirmation message if the process is successful.
How to Transfer Data on GLO
There are three ways to share data on GLO: the direct GLO data code, the USSD, or SMS.
Sharing data using the GLO direct code:
- Dial 12701*, followed by the recipient number.
- Tap on “send.”
Sharing data using the USSD:
- Dial *777#.
- Select “data,” which is option 1.
- Select “share data plan,” which is option 2.
- Once you’re done, you’ll receive a confirmation message if the data share is successful.
Sharing data using SMS:
- Go to your message app.
- Type “share,” then enter the recipient’s number.
- Finally, send it to 127.
Unlike the other networks mentioned above, sharing data on GLO via the codes means that the receiver has access to your data as long as they want until you remove them from your data plan. To remove them, follow the steps below:
The Special Code:
- Dial 12701*<recipient number>#.
- Go to your messaging app.
- Type “remove,” then the recipient’s number.
- Finally, send it to 127.
The article above discussed some of the easiest techniques to share data on MTN, GLO, 9Mobile, and Airtel with your friends and loved ones. Simply read the article clearly and stick to the procedures to help you achieve better results. Data is an essential resource, and with the help of these simple methods, you can transfer data to those who need it most. By sharing data, you can help your loved ones stay connected to the world around them.
Are you enjoying your time on JBKlutse?
Articles like these are sponsored free for everyone through the support of generous readers just like you. Thanks to their partnership in our mission, we reach more than 50,000 unique users monthly!
Please help us continue to bring the tech narrative to people everywhere through relevant and simple tech news, reviews, buying guides, and more.
Support JBKkutse with a gift today!