These days everybody seems to be recording their screens, the activities they’re doing or some funny chats that they had with someone. You are probably making a tutorial video for YouTube, preparing a presentation for work or anything similar that will need to record your screen.
iPhone users are especially seen using this screen recording feature the most. It is probably because they do not need a third-party app to record their screens. Just like the iPhone, recording the screen on an iPad is similarly straightforward. So the steps should be similar.
Let’s see how we can record our iPhone screens without having to download some third-party app for that.
Record screen on iPhone
The steps for this task are simple and straightforward.
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Now scroll a little and tap the “Control Centre” option.
- Then tap “Customise Controls”.
- Now if your “Screen Recording” tool is not already added to the Control Centre tools, scroll the next section.
- In the “More Controls” section, you should see Screen Recording there. Just tap the green plus icon next to it and it will be added to your Control Centre tools.
- Now you are done with setting up the Screen Recording tool. The next thing is to load the app or activity you want to record.
- When you are ready to record, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to see the Control Centre tools. (If you are using an iPhone X or later model, you’d have to swipe down from the top right. If you are using an iPad which is running iOS 12 or later, you should also swipe down from the top right.)
- Now tap the “Record” button in the Control Centre. It is the bold dot within a white circle. You will be given a three-second countdown before it starts recording. When the countdown is over, the recording will automatically start.
- After you are done recording you swipe up (or down depending on your device) and hit the Record button again to stop the recording. Alternatively, you can tap the time indicator at the top (or top left) of the screen. Two options will pop up then you select “Stop”.
The recordings will be saved in the Videos folder of your Photos app. You should also have in mind that all the notifications you will receive while recording will also appear in the recording.
This is how to record iPhone screens. So simple, isn’t it?