However, if your device isn’t giving you an option to connect with the inbuilt print option, you’ll have to download the Google Cloud Print app. Keep reading for step-by-step instructions on adding a printer and printing a document from Android and iOS.
- If you download the Google Cloud Print app manually, you’ll have to identify or add a printer compatible with your device that’s on the same shared Wi-Fi network. Open Settings and find Printing to add a printer.
- Once your printer is added, open the app you’re printing from and tap the three dots that indicate more options (usually in the upper right corner) to find and select the Print option.
- You can only use AirPrint with printers compatible with Apple’s technology. Check this list to make sure your printer is AirPrint-enabled.
- Make sure your phone and your printer are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Next, open the app you want to print from and find the print option, which may be under Share, Print or Other Options. Tap Print or the printer icon and select Choose an AirPrint-Enabled Printer. For this example, we printed something directly from Apple’s email client.
- You should be able to easily identify and select the printer of your choice (or add a new printer), specify your printing needs (number of copies, etc.) and send your job to the chosen printer.
If you’re still having trouble using AirPrint, make sure you’re running the latest version of iOS and that the app you’re printing from doesn’t have any updates available.