Selling your old iPhone? Is its data wiped out clean? It isn’t even a thing to tell anyone to factory reset an iPhone or any device at all before they put it up for sale. Everyone knows what to do before selling or gifting their old mobile device.
The real question, how do we factory reset an iPhone? Well, it is quite simple if you are determined to do it.
For those who do not know, factory reset is simply making the phone as new as it came from the factory. Everything you did on it goes away — accounts, media files, apps, everything!
You can also check:
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
This shouldn’t be confused with “restart” or “soft reset”. This is usually used to solve problems you’re having on an iPhone. See how to restart your iPhone if you’re having problems — unresponsiveness, network problems,
Restart or soft reset does not remove any data. It only turns off the iPhone and turns it back on by itself.
Now back to how to reset an iPhone. Before you embark on the factory reset, you should make sure that you do a backup of your data.
Quickly, let’s back up the iPhone data. If you are already logged into iCloud, open your Settings app. Tap your name at the top of the page.
Select iCloud, and scroll down to iCloud Backup. Tap “Back Up Now”.
You can also use the iTunes app to back it up onto your computer.
Done with the backup, let’s see how we factory reset an iPhone to make it feel new.
How to factory reset an iPhone
NOTE: You should by now know this process will clear all your data and you have done the backup already. The process is also the same for both iPhones and iPads, and it is super easy.
1. Launch your Settings app, and tap General.
2. Scroll to the bottom of the page and tap Reset.
3. The next page will give you a lot of reset options. But we are looking for “Erase All Content and Settings”
4. You’ll be prompted to confirm if you have a passcode, TouchID or FaceID, on the phone
5. Confirm and hit Erase iPhone.
6. Now, login with your Apple ID to ensure it can be removed from the device and that Find My iPhone can be disabled.
7. Your iPhone will now take a few minutes before it prompts you to set it up as a new device.
Boom! You have been able to factory reset your iPhone.